18 December 2013

In Control by Crystal Serowka - Book Review



NOTE: In Control is a companion novel. This book is not a continuation from In the Air.

I wasn’t a typical teenager. NOTE: In Control is a companion novel. This book is not a continuation from In the Air.NOTE: In Control is a companion novel. This book is not a continuation from In the Air.

I wasn’t a typical teenager.
I’d been through more rough patches than a weed eater.
I didn’t grow up behind a white picket fence.
I didn’t go to Sunday school.
My body was no temple, though it was worshiped by many.
Girls kept their boyfriends away from me for good reason.
I was desired.
Wanted.
Admired.
While my friends were following the rules, I was breaking them.
I’m careless.
Reckless.
Uncontrollable.
I don’t apologize for who I am.
I embrace it.
But all things must come to an end.
He was my new beginning.

*Contains scenes of a graphic nature including abuse and sexual abuse.*


 photo addtofinal_zpsc8f7fdef.png
✦ CHECK OUT MY REVIEW FROM THE PREVIOUS BOOK IN THE SERIES✦ 
In The Air (The City #1) - 4 Stars

Reading the blurb made me want to read this book – who could possibly resist it? Reading it the first time had me dying of curiosity. I want to know who this girl is!

I read this book prior to reading the first one, and it really doesn’t matter because this too could function as a standalone novel.

Kingsley is the girl who likes to have control. She has a very strong personality, knows what she wants and how to get it, she sleeps around, and is never sorry for her actions. Until Wren. He was the unexpected turn in her road. He was her surprise. He was the reason she was about to lose control.

I love how the story unfolded – we see how Kingsley and Wren worked through the transition of their relationship. From being f**k buddies to having a REAL relationship that includes trust and commitment.

But before they can venture to it – both, especially Kingsley should first open up herself to him and trust him about her secrets. I was surprise when I have read Kingsley here, compared it to the first book. Perhaps if I have read In The Air first, I would not believe that she could be that vulnerable, or that behind her strong façade lies a broken, lost soul.




Wit she had been through when she was young was just heartbreaking. She grew up in a foster home, abused. When she finally found true love, experienced it – it turned out to be something that it is not. What started out to be beautiful, turned out to be toxic. I was wondering who Porter was since I started reading this book. When I finally met him somewhere in the middle –



Was this the guy she wanted back then? The one she was still hung-up with? Is this the guy she would risk what she had with Wren?

Speaking of Wren –

He wanted her. SO MUCH. With or without clothes, in or out of bed. He wanted to prove to her that he's worth the try.





HOT. HOT. HOT. Just like our heroine, our boy here has been through a lot as well. It may not come close to what she has experienced, but enough to wound and haunt him. Tattoos have covered his body- but there’s one tattoo that Kingsley wanted to know about. Something that he’s not willing to share if she’s not going to hand in any.

Besides the fact that they couldn’t keep their hands off each other, and they were humping like bunnies everywhere they went – I love these two people. They clearly deserve each other, much more their happy ending. There were a few bumps, surprise appearance from an ex, and some hair-raising blast from the past. It may have taken a while, and a whole lot of nerves before she actually plunge in to her emotions. Nevertheless, this was a perfect love story with a heart-stopping ending. 



I'm proud to call myself a writer. Sharing my work with the world is a blessing and it's one I'll never take for granted.I live for my words, not the possibility of becoming rich off of them.

I love supportive people and have been blessed with meeting so many of them lately. 

Remember to read the books you love, support the authors you love, and do without the negative people in your life.

  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Goodreads

 photo SIGNA__zps08d648cb.png

No comments:

Post a Comment