20 December 2013

Without Doubt by CJ Azevedo - Countdown to Release Day

Without Doubt is the second standalone novel in the Without Series and releases Monday, January 6, 2014



Ava Sterling is tough and the most straight laced girl you will ever meet. Her family and her past have managed to alter her future permanently and she has no desire to allow anyone else into her life or her heart for fear of rejection or further altering. Ava is alone in the world with the exception of the grandest responsibility she did not create on her own but on her own she will carry for the rest of her life.

Declan James is a MMA fighter, party all night kind of guy. Responsibility is nowhere to be found in his life or so he allows everyone around him to believe. Coming from wealth and a carefree lifestyle, Declan gets what he wants, always. And what he wants is Ava. In his pursuit of getting what he wants, Ava in his bed, his plan changes quickly without his consent. Against his plans of being the next hot bachelor to cross the tabloids as he makes his way to being the Ultimate Light Heavyweight Champion, Declan falls in love. He falls in love without hesitation and without doubt.

Neither Declan nor Ava are aware that fate has inconveniently intertwined their lives forever. Will they be able to survive the aftermath of the truth?

 photo addtofinal_zpsc8f7fdef.png

Ava sits up and straddles her legs on either side of my waist and takes a deep breath. “I hated everything about tonight.” 
“About my fight?” I ask because I’m not sure I’m following her. Is she upset about Ashton or my reaction to them being together at the fight? She nods her head without looking at me so I sit up and wrap my arms around her. “I’m fine, babe. I’m really good at what I do, the chances of me getting really hurt are slim.”She pops her head up quickly and narrows her eyes at me. “There is nothing funny about this, Declan! You scared the shit out of me!!” she exclaims just before punching me in the arm. 
“Ow! What was that for?” I rub out the little sting on my bicep while mostly holding back a laugh, but I can’t hide my smile. 
She quiets down but her eyes are terrified. “He kicked you in the head,” she whispers so softly I can hardly hear her. I have to laugh; I can’t help it.“He kicked me in my head?” Did this surprise her? 
“YES! Do you not remember that?” Her response is pure fear and I hate that I put that look on her face and that feeling in her heart. 
“Yeah, I remember, Sunshine.” I smooth her hair away from her face and kiss her soundly. “I should have explained things to you, on how the fights work, what to expect. I would have if I knew you were going to show up, but I honestly thought that you were dead set against ever coming to one.” 
Ava sighs. “I was, but then I felt like I wasn’t supporting you by not being there for you and I didn’t want you thinking that.” 
I guide her backwards so she’s lying down with her head at the foot of the bed. I lean forward and slip my hands up her smooth thighs, placing small, lingering kisses along the way. My hands reach her hips and I’m reminded that she’s only wearing a nightie. “Hmmm, I love you so much. You are the sexiest woman I have ever known, Sunshine.” My hot breath whispers across her hip bones and over the skin just above her panty line (if she were wearing any). “I love the way you care about things other people don’t even take the time to think about.” My tongue draws a line up her abdomen, following her rising nightie. Her breathing has changed; it’s harsher and more rapid and I can’t get enough of it. My tongue swirls around her navel. “You make me so happy,” I kiss along her rib cage, “no matter what,” my tongue runs underneath her breast, “you don’t ever have to see another fight,” I kiss between her cleavage and slip her nightie off as I drag the tip of my nose to her ear, “just please don’t be upset over what I do. Don’t worry. Please? I need you, Ava, I need you like the air I breathe.” My tongue slides on the outer rim of her ear and I place a delicate kiss to her temple. I’m on top of her in a second, my elbows on either side of her head. My mouth connects with hers and although she has tears streaming down her face, there is no hesitation in her kiss. 
Ava makes me feel like the word “love” was established just for us. Her and I. Me and her. I know that I would do anything for her, even become a damn accountant if that’s what she wished for on a bright, shining star. I would. It would be the toughest thing to possibly imagine but it wouldn’t be impossible. Surviving the loss of my relationship with her? That would be impossible.

CJ has lived all over the state of California, Central, South, North and finally landing back somewhere in the middle. She married the boy she fell for when she was only eleven years old and together they have two beautiful heathens. CJ obviously loves to read and write. She can watch the Giant’s play baseball but hates football. She bakes when she’s sad, runs when she’s mad and dances when she’s happy (even if she cant find a rhythm to save her life) If you’re looking for her and can’t seem to find her, look on the staircase, it’s her favorite spot to read.
    

 


 photo SIGNA__zps08d648cb.png

No comments:

Post a Comment