18 December 2013

In The Air by Crystal Serowka - Book Review




It all began on a New York City sidewalk. It was so surreal. Juilliard, the enormous brick building that held my dreams and the possibilities of my future. I was prepared for the challenges ahead. What I didn’t expect was to lose my focus the second I met him. Living the dance was no longer the only important thing in my life.

The City opened my eyes, but he transformed me.

Two dancers. One big city. He was determined to make a new start. She was ready to make it in the ballet world. Neither expected love to play a part in achieving their dreams. They also didn't expect it to be so destructive. Samson and Natalia took the leap anyway, not worrying about the fall





 photo addtofinal_zpsc8f7fdef.png
✦ CHECK OUT MY REVIEW FROM THE PREVIOUS BOOK IN THE SERIES✦ 
★ In Control (The City #2) - 5 Stars

Both of them are dancers – away from home leaving different kinds of problems behind. Natalia had wanted to be a dancer since she was young. Now, she finally made one of her dreams come true – being admitted at Juilliard. But the pressure coming from her mother was already too much. Between her classes, dance rehearsal and not to mention an irresistible, annoying dance partner, Natalia has too much on her plate already.


Samson is a ballet dancer – ayeee. I can’t believe it. Him. Male. Ballet. Stereotyping, I know. But I can’t help it. Nevertheless, I loved his passion for dance. He had pursued it despite the fact that he had only the support of his mother. Both his girlfriend and his father didn’t want him to go to New York. Suddenly, his girlfriend, Aubrey, whom he knew since he was young starts to change. It didn’t help that he was paired with a feisty dancer who shares his passion.

They had chemistry in and out of the dance floor. But first, before he starts to go into THAT direction – he needed to come clean. He has Aubrey. He had no right to kiss her.



He didn’t want to hurt Aubrey, but he didn’t want to stay into a relationship he wasn’t happy about. The moment he ended it with Aubrey, he starts to spend time with Natalia.

Did it start to feel like a rebound? Actually, no. It was like they were really meant for each other. Not only that they love dancing, but when they were together, you can actually see fireworks all over the place. They have roamed NY, and spend a lot of time together. Just when everything seems to fall into place, the ex came into the picture and once again ruined everything. Will they get pass through this? I really hope so. I want to see them dance together.

I have wanted to read this book the first time I have seen it on Amazon. It has an interesting blurb that had me curious. Nevertheless, it had met with my expectations. I enjoyed reading this book, watching chemistry fly between these two dances, and finally watching FINALLY make the right decisions and fall in love. 


RATING:



I'm proud to call myself a writer. Sharing my work with the world is a blessing and it's one I'll never take for granted.I live for my words, not the possibility of becoming rich off of them.

I love supportive people and have been blessed with meeting so many of them lately. 

Remember to read the books you love, support the authors you love, and do without the negative people in your life.

  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Goodreads



 photo SIGNA__zps08d648cb.png

No comments:

Post a Comment