22 August 2013

Philadelphia Series Box Set- In My Arms, A Part of Me, Out of My Element by Taryn Plendl - Book Tour, Book Review


Title: Philadelphia Series Box Set
In My Arms, A Part of Me, Out of My Element
Author: Taryn Plendl
Release date: August 8, 2013
Age Group: Adult
Genre: Contemporary Romance


 In My Arms- Book 1
He's deliciously handsome and completely arrogant. Exactly the last thing Ava needs onher first night out following her bad breakup.
New to the Philadelphia area, Trevor is instantly taken with Ava's beauty and witty attitude. After sharing an unexpected but amazing kiss, Trevor manages to stick his foot in his mouth and watches as Ava walks out of his life before he has a chance to explain. 
When the two unexpectedly cross paths again, they struggle with the undeniable chemistry between them. Ava fights to keep it platonic, afraid to get hurt again, as Trevor sets out to change her mind. 
With a little bit of humor, a lot of drama, sexual frustration, dancing and plenty of alcohol, Avarealizes that Trevor just might actually be perfect for her.
A Part of Me- Book 2

You don't always need a chance at a new beginning. Sometimes you just need a chance ata different ending. 
Tom and Talia aren't strangers. They've been walking a tight rope of attraction since the day they met, but after an accident rocks Tom's world to the core and changes it forever, he spirals into a free fall of emotions. No longer the laid-back, happy guy, he now worries that he will never be enough for Talia. After all, who could possibly love such a broken man?
Talia is a tenacious ER nurse by day and a fun-loving loyal friend and party girl by night. Herdeveloping feelings for Tom are put to the test after his accident as she fights to break through his walls and show him how much she cares, even as he continues to build them back up, determined to keep her out.
As Talia tries to take care of Tom, stronger feelings emerge for both, and neither of them will come out untouched. Everything they thought they knew about themselves and each other will be put to the test as they finally realize it isn't important how many times you fall down, but only how many times you get back up.
Out of My Element- Book 3

"We are playing an entirely different game, Nick. While other girls might wait patiently until you breakup with your many girlfriends, I can't. You see, I have been waiting all my life for something real. And if this isn't real, no way am I spending another hour on waiting." 
Nick has never allowed himself to get attached to a woman. While his friends were settling down, he was having the time of his life, a womanizer with a heart of gold. Right up until Chelsea came into his life. He was drawn to Chelsea from the first time he saw her ... well, actually it might have been the second time, but it didn't take Nick long to realize he might be over his head and completely out of his element. 
Chelsea wrote Nick off after their first encounter, but soon she realizes she has found a good friend in him. Falling for Nick was never Chelsea's intention, but sometimes even the best intentions prove to be out of your control. 
The closer Chelsea and Nick get, the more they push seem to make a mess of things. Can Nick figure out how to have a healthy relationship before he loses Chelsea forever?



I had fun reading this box set because 1) it's already complete, meaning I don't have to wait for eons of years for the next one to come out 2) these are really amazing guys whom you seriously want to spend at least one night in your life 3) guarantee that you will fall in love with one, if not all of them.

The first novella in the series in In My Arms - Ava and Trevor's story. Ava came from an unhealthy relationship. She just caught her boyfriend cheating in their very own home. Being in a relationship still scared the hell out of her, but meeting and kissing Trevor one night had her inside in knots. But he said something that made her turned her back on him and ALMOST regretted that one panty-melting kiss they shared. Fate played with them when they were forced to work together the next morning. Can they made it through the project with their clothes and sanity intact? Ava needs to work on her communication and someone needs to tell her that never assume. Assuming brings a lot of problem, and of course, communication is the key to a very successful relationship. Although, I couldn't really blame her, since coming from a sh*tty relationship - she was guarding her heart from being crushed once again. While Trevor - I totally adore his control and discipline to have his pants zipped and maintained the friendship that Ava wanted - even if it had almost given him blue balls. He was a brilliant man, and they were perfect for each other. Together, they bring out the best from one another. Question is, can he be able to get pass through the walls that Ava erected around her?

The second novella, A Part of Me is my favorite because it featured the characters I have been looking forward since the first novella - Talia and Tom. The good boy and the bad girl. I love Talia's sharp & witty tongue. She knew how to chastise Nick and pull him back into reality. I knew they liked each other from the first book, and I wanted to know how will their story unfold. What I didn't expect is for Tom to be in an accident that will leave him a broken man. He loved to play soccer and dance - how can he do the things he love after the accident? Here you will see how Talia tried to break his barriers and stand firm to be with him. How she made an effort to take care of him after he was discharged. It was really an effort. I don't think Talia would last if she doesn't have feeling for him. I hated Tom for a while, for what he did to Talia - totally rude!!!! But he did what he thought he should do - let go of her. After all, if you love the person you only want what's the best for the person, and at that moment, he didn't think it was him. What if he realized he was wrong - will it be too late for the both of them? It is never wrong to admit that you need help. Sometimes asking for help is the bravest thing you could do. Never, never push people who loves and care for you - they only want nothing but the best.

Finally the last one, Nick!!!! I wonder how will Nick find his HEA after whoring himself. I really thought he and Talia would hit it off after their playful banters. But Ms. Taryn has other plans for him. The Whore and The Virgin - uh-oh... will it work? Unlike his friends who are settling down - Nick still loved his womanizing ways. Until Chelsea came into the picture for the second time. Their first meeting wasn't exactly ideal - he was drunk, he MIGHT have done something stupid. But once sober, and he saw her again, he wanted to rectify it BADLY, only this time Chelsea would not give him a chance. She just wanted him to be her friend. Nick didn't see it coming, but he agreed to it. This is what I love about this last part of the series because the both of them became really good friends, remained platonic and cared for each other. Most of the best love stories starts with friendship. And theirs did. Although, you hand it to Nick to make some stupid decisions just when things are about to get cozy. Can Nick finally be able to get himself together and figure out how to be the perfect one for Chelsea or would he let her go?

Three great novellas by Taryn Plendl in one package - what more can you ask for?

  I discovered my love for books at an early age, spending many hours lost in someone else’s story.


It wasn’t until well into adult hood that I discovered, late at night while the house was quiet, that I had just as many stories inside me just waiting to be let out. Writing has been a way for me to step away from reality and live a bit through my fun and sometimes damaged characters. You will almost always find a Happy Ever After at the end of my stories. I can’t help it, it’s an addiction.

I’m a Southwestern girl living a Mid-Atlantic life with my husband of seventeen years and two incredible daughters who inspire me daily. I am proud to be an advocate for my child with autism, and feel incredibly blessed to be able to see the world through her eyes. She teaches me more than I could ever teach her.

I enjoy reading, writing and spending time with my family, but cherish those quiet nights after everyone is asleep when I can curl up on the couch with my fifteen year old dog (Shh, don’t tell…He’s not supposed to be on the couch.)

Keep an eye out for more from me!

    


 5 eBook copies of the Philadelphia Box Set – Gifted from Amazon - International
$10 Amazon Gift Card - International




To see other stops on the tour for reviews, guest posts, and excerpt click here or the tour button below.


3 comments:

  1. What a great post! Thanks for participating in the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the giveaway limited to only 1 entrant per household or not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for participating in my book tour! <3

    ReplyDelete