12 August 2013

Is This All There Is by Patricia Mann - Book Tour, Excerpt




Beth Thomas has the perfect life. At thirty-five, she’s married to her college sweetheart, has two adorable kids, and teaches part time at the local university. But when a friend persuades Beth to go dancing on a rare night out, a chance meeting with twenty one year old Dave, one of her former students, changes the course of her life. Loud music, too much to drink, and the thrill of feeling young again lead to an unforgettable kiss that was never supposed to happen. As she tries to put the memory behind her, Dave’s pursuit leaves Beth torn between what her mind says is right and what her heart and body crave.



Purchase Links
Amazon  |  B&N


“I feel better.”

“Good. I shouldn’t have bought you that last drink.”

“No, I’m fine really. This fresh air is exactly what I needed. Thanks.”

He leaned in closer to me and looked into my eyes for too long. As he opened his mouth to speak, I saw a Tic Tac tucked into his cheek.

“Did you mean what you said before?”

I wasn’t sure what he was talking about. “Of course I did.”

He was about to say something when a couple came stumbling out the door laughing loudly. They gave us a passing glance and staggered off into the distance.

“Because I feel the same way. I had a huge crush on you when I was in your class.”

I thought my heart would leap out of my chest. He moved closer. Those eyes. From this distance, I could see little flecks of gold in the green.

“Dave, I think you misunderstood. I’m flattered, really, it’s very sweet.” I paused, searching for something else to say.

“No it’s not sweet, my feelings for you are not sweet. They’re wrong and I know it. What I want to do right now is very wrong.” He stared at me for a long time without speaking. I couldn’t speak either.

Something inside me shifted. Rick hadn’t looked at me that way in years. My body started to tingle. His eyes burned through me. My heart was pounding so fast I felt faint. He wanted to kiss me but he was holding back.



Patricia Mann is a university professor. She lives in California with her husband, their two kids, and a sweet, silly old dog.



Buy the Book - only 99 cents while on tour! 


1 comment:

  1. Nice feature on IS THIS ALL THERE IS? Hope lots of your visitors will pick one up... it's a fantastic book!

    ReplyDelete