09 August 2013

I Breathe You by Lori L. Clark - Book Tour, Book Review



When a tragic accident leaves Rhane Evans -- lead vocalist for the rock band Fate's Crazy -- permanently unable to speak above a whisper and kills the love of her life, she moves across the state to pick up the pieces. Shattered, Rhane struggles to understand what happened the night of the accident, an accident everyone blames her for, even though she wasn't driving the car.

Enter Ian Callahan. He's the one person who may have a more tumultuous past than Rhane. Though they try hard to deny the sizzling attraction between them, it proves nearly impossible. When Ian's troubled past threatens to tear them apart, they begin to believe happiness isn't in their cards.



Everything was going smoothly in Rhane Evans life - she is the lead singer in a popular rock band and she was playing with the love of her life. All of a sudden - she did not just lost her soul mate, but she lost her voice as well. She found herself lost, unable to process what went wrong and what happened that night of the accident. Her band mates blame her for it, and she wasn't even driving the car. 

Then here comes Ian Callahan, unlike any other book boyfriend, I'm so happy that the author did not describe him as a Greek god, oh he's still hot, and has the moves that could bring down panties anytime, but he has his flaws physically. He's so not perfect and his past is even more wrecked than Rhane's. 

They tried to fight it off - the attraction. Rhane was told innuendos about his past, nothing concrete, just enough to supposedly scare her away from him. Ian knew that he had to fix his life first before entering this girl's life. But when Ian's past comes strutting in back in town, coupled it with the sudden outburst of Rhane - their happy ending could be in jeopardy. 

I always wonder what is wrong with Rhane? What makes her trigger so fast enough to get pissed in the slightest provocation. She has a temper that easily bursts and an uncontrolled anger that just erupts out of nowhere. I just knew it would get her into trouble one day, and was I wrong? No!!!! It did, only that when she recognized the problem and finally get help - it was admirable. Only a handful of people would admit that their type of anger is not normal, and only some would have asked for help. 

She didn't hurry to replace Dalton from her life, he was everything to her. But love, comes in when you least expected it. But I'm glad she waited a bit more, and so did Ian. Their story was beautifully written, I love every characters in the book (although it took pages for me to love Rhane that much!), T was very helpful to her and became her surrogate parent when her parents didn't want to do anything with her. The ex-military nurse may start out tough, but this old girl is a softie too! 

As for Rhane - her changes, and development in this book is extraordinary. It was one heck of a ride, and I'm sure, just like me, you'll be glad that you're with Rhane and Ian all throughout. It's a story of second chances, not just on love, but life as well. Great Job, Lori L. Clark!

RATING:


The front door bangs open and I rise up just enough so that I'm able to catch a glimpse of Ian through the porch railings. His boots clomp noisily across the porch floor and I silently will him to just climb in his truck to be on his merry way. I'm confident that Gwen was able to point out all of the things that need his attention around here so he shouldn't need to speak with me before he leaves.

Midway to the steps, he stops abruptly and turns in my direction. I figure he's about to call me out for blatantly ogling him, but if he sees me, he doesn't let on. He peers up to where the chain for the porch swing has pulled free from the ceiling. I suck in a startled breath, watching as the tight, white t-shirt he's wearing pulls strategically against his rock-hard chest as he reaches to press on the rotted boards where the hook had been fastened.

Holy hell. His shirt pulls free from the waistband of his pants and I'm left with an eyeful of the copper-colored happy trail disappearing down the front of his jeans. "Do you want me to fix this while I'm here?" he asks, peering at me between his arms and I'm suddenly aware that my mouth is gaping in awe of his... his height. He drops his arms to his sides and flashes me a crooked grin. "It'll only take about five minutes."

Before I'm able to regain my composure enough to respond, he jogs down the steps and crosses the lawn to his pickup. I watch him drop the tailgate and hop gracefully into the bed of the truck. He pops open the toolbox and rummages around inside. Why am I staring at him? He's not even that hot. Okay, maybe he is a little.

I walk up the steps and notice half a dozen or so hanging planters full of dirt and debris surrounding the perimeter of the porch. I decide now would be a great time to take all of them down and clean them out. Not because I want to stare at Ian or anything. I pretend not to notice how he's a little bit bowlegged and wonder if he rode a lot of horses -- or other things -- when he was younger. Heat flares up from inside my shirt and my cheeks instantly color.

Purchase Links
B&N  |  Amazon

PLAYLIST 




Ten things about me: 
1. I'm an only child. 
2. I love dogs! 
3. I was born in Iowa City, Iowa and lived in Iowa until January 2007. 
4. I worked as a professional psychic reader for 2 years. 
5. I'm a Pisces Sun, Leo Moon with Aquarius rising. 
6. I've written 6 books and am in the process of brainstorming a 7th. 
7. I don't look or act my age! 
8. I ran my first 1/2 marathon at age 50. 
9. I love 80's hair band music. 
10. I'm a claims payment analyst for one of Fortune 500 Magazine's "Top 100 places in America to work.





1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the lovely review and for participating in the tour! <3

    ReplyDelete