29 December 2012

Book Review: The Perfect Game

by J. Sterling

Review: 4/5

“Sometimes letting go is the only way to find out who you're meant to hold on to.”

Do I love this book? Hell Yes!!!

I enjoyed reading this book - the constant bantering shared between two people who have issues to resolve and finally took a leap in love. It wasn't a smooth jump - they encountered rocks along the way, but they still landed well - with both their feet on the ground: alive and breathing.

I fell in love with Carter in the beginning. Who can resist a bad-boy-turned-pussy-whipped-boyfriend and can play baseball even with eyes closed? I did love how he tried his best in changing his ways and proving that he's a different man. That he can stick and be content with just one woman.

some_text

But, something happened along the way that made me think twice. I could not tolerate a guy with a poor judgment and someone who's gullible enough to make a decision without even going deeper or examining things clearly.

Nevertheless, he was redeemed. He'd never be the prince charming if he continued his ways, right? What he did in the near ending, it was just awesome! I like the way he exercise patience and wanting to put things in order before he can start a clean slate. The surprise he gave Cassie - it was a little cheesy, but I guess...

some_text

Somehow, I'd fill several bottles of quarters to touch you.

some_text


Cassie!!!!

Her rules with boys and relationship:
1. Don't lie
2. Don't cheat
3. Don't make promises you can't keep
4. Don't say things you don't mean

... and guess how many Carter broke?

some_text

Oh yes, Cassie loved to roll her eyes and didn't want to do anything with him first. She hated his guts, but she could not deny the fact that Carter is HOT! If only she's strong enough not to fall for his clutches. However, like gravity, Cassie fell, HARD. And when everything went Topsy-turvy with their relationship, she was broken. I think she made the right choices, after the biggest mistake she made during the early part of the relationship. I find her brave. Trying her best in stopping Carter making the biggest mistake of his life. Moving away and following her dreams instead of staying behind. It was a little painful seeing her grow- but it made her grow up and become a better person.

The Perfect Game is just a perfect read. It shows flaws in relationship that most couples go through - famous or not. This book just proved that with love, anything is possible. A relationship can still exist even with broken trust. Because with enough love, trust can be restored and the two people who are meant to be together will have their happily ever after.

J. Sterling, you kept me awake all night reading this amazing novel and I didn't regret every minute of it

Favorite Quotes:

  • “Have you ever noticed how pretty and beautiful words can be? How easy it is to say the things you think someone wants to hear. How you can affect a person’s entire day with just a few measly sentences?”
  • “Kitten, I’d break my fucking pitching arm if it meant keeping you safe.” 
  • “And I know that the past version of me is someone you would never trust. But who I am when I’m with you” he paused, “isn’t who I used to be. I don’t think I’ve been that guy since the night of our first date, so it’s not fair that you judge me like I’m still him.” 
  • “That anyone could father a child, but a real man chooses to be a dad.” 
  • “Sometimes letting go is the only way to find out who you're meant to hold on to.”       

Follow me :
Twitter : @nursechucha
or be my friend on GoodReads



No comments:

Post a Comment