05 July 2013

A Fire that Burns by Kirsty-Anne Still - Book Tour

Title: A Fire That Burns
Author: Kirsty-Anne Still


“Six years on and you’re still as in love with me as you were when you left. You never stopped loving me, you never could. You didn’t leave because you didn’t love me.”
After running from the truth for six years of her life, Austin Pearson decides it’s time to come home to life in Point Arena. What she finds is broken relationships and broken hearts and the same love that consumed her years ago.

When confronted with the love of her life, Austin has to decide between giving in, giving up or hiding all over again.

Will Tyler Armstrong be enough to crack the secrets that drove the woman he loved away when they were nineteen or are they destined to love other people? What happens when he finds himself living everyday with Austin and realising that feelings he thought had diminished flame up and take a hold of his life? What happens when fires burn brighter than ever and the secrets of the past come tumbling out?

Is love enough to get them through what life has in store for them?

Heartbreaking.
Emotionally Draining.
Devastating.
Crushing. 

WARNING!!!
Don't even try to read this with your eye-make up on!

All Austin wanted to do was to go home...

But after six years - what would you possibly expect? You have slid out of everyone's life without leaving a word. Don't expect things are going back to the way they are. 

Austin and Tyler were the 'IT-couple'. They were young, happy and engaged. Everything seems to be okay until Austin ran out on him without any explanation.
He was nineteen and hopelessly in love with the most perfect girl ever...
Now, six years later, Tyler have moved on. He got himself a new fiancee and a position in the local PD. Everything in his life were coming back to normal and running smoothly until Austin decided to come back.

Tyler knew that Austin was back. But knowing didn't prepare him in the sudden rush of feelings the first time he saw her again after all those years...oh yes, sparks & some clothes flew.


Coming home was a nightmare. Austin didn't expect a warm welcome from everyone nor a cold shoulder from people she least expect. Coming home seemed harder that it seems. Now she's facing the consequences of her decisions - the blame, wrongful accusations, and a love that might be lost forever. 

Austin - how this girl exasperates me! She was a happy and bubbly person when she left. Six years after, she came back reserved, silent, totally changed. While reading all I wanted to do was to shake her, TELL THEM ALREADY! TELL THEM WHY YOU LEFT! Because the longer she keeps the secret, the nastier her life becomes. It was her only hope, why not tell the truth?!! But on the other hand, the moment she told Tyler - his reaction wasn't what I expected. But her family - thank goodness, they understood her and was with her all throughout. I love how her siblings supported and assured her. It was the security she needs when everyone else turned their backs on her. 

Yes, Tyler has his stupid moments and I hated those parts. It could have been the pain that was speaking and he was just lashing out. The hurt is probably blinding his logic or he needs a wake-up call. 

Yes, that bad.

Good thing is, it didn't take that much punches for him to come to his senses. But he had already hurt Austin. He said and did things that broke her heart into pieces. It took one painful blow that risked Austin's life to finally had him recognize his faults. Don't get me wrong - he has also amazing qualities that would make you root for him. He can be sweet, caring, and most especially, he cares a lot for Austin. He's willing to do anything to make it up for her. 

There's Natasha - COLD, MANIPULATIVE, SCHEMING BITCH!!!!!!!!! I so, so, so, sooooo hate her. I would love (and I'm sure you will too) to throttle her. She can be very vindictive and will sell her soul to the devil just to have Tyler for herself. If she have drove Austin out of Point Arena six years ago, she can do it again. 


And Tyler is with her?! OMG! What the heck has gotten into him?!!!!!!! (Okay - breathing now. Controlling my violent tendencies..)

Just as when I thought everything is okay - there's another problem hanging above their heads. With fate throwing a lot of stuff at this couple, is this ever going to end? 


A Fire That Burns had me on the edge. I was gripping my Kindle reading it, trying to hold back some tears, because it was so emotional and there was too much pain. I was wondering all the while if there will ever be an HEA between these two, or for one of them. Nevertheless, this novel brought out a lot of emotion. The author can stir your heart right out of your rib cage and leave you panting for more because at the last page - a to be continued text is blinking. 

Somehow I felt relieved because I don't think I can take another drama from these two. I need to fix my broken heart first. But I'd be looking forward for the next one and maybe, just maybe I'd have the ending I'm looking forward for Tyler and Austin. 

Rating: 

“Well,” Tyler said as he sauntered up to Austin. He hadn’t even noticed her, his mom had pointed her out to him. It was the first time he had seen her after all the hubbub of her return. “Aren’t you a sight for sore eyes?”

Austin looked up at Tyler and she felt her restraint disappear. She smiled and then looked away, “Right back atcha.”

She hadn’t changed one bit, Tyler thought. Sure she was curvaceous now, gorgeously so and her hair was longer and a darker shade of blonde than before, her lips were still plump and kissable and her eyes still managed to capture him with one look, but regardless of the changes to her physically she was still the same old Austin. He couldn’t deny that all the sexual tension and chemistry that had helped to build their relationship was still there – untouched by the years. He acknowledged his weakness to her immediately and knew he didn’t stand a fighting chance.

Taking a seat next to her, he huffed a laugh, “So what brings you back?”

Shrugging, Austin looked down at the drink, “You do not want to know, believe me.”

“It’s been six long years, Austin, I think I deserve some sort of explanation,” Tyler started and leaned forward to look up at her. He gave her a smirk and a quick teasing wag of his eyebrow, “That or a proper welcome back.” He sat back as she looked at him in shock, “You pick.”

Feeling a constriction in her chest, Austin remained placid for a moment. It didn’t matter how much she tried to allow this to be okay, she just couldn’t do it anymore. She looked at him and felt her heart skip an all knowing beat. She tried to smile, but faltered, “I’m really sorry, Tyler, but I can’t do this.” She then got up and left, not a goodbye to anyone. She just put her cup down on the kitchen work top as she fled the back yard and headed for the front door for her quick exit.

Growling as the familiar scent of Austin surrounded him, he exchanged looks with Tom and got up and bolted after her. He was determined to get an explanation out of her. Six years of trying with Tom had failed so he went for the origin itself.

“You don’t get to walk away from me again,” Tyler shouted out to stop her as he left through the front door, following Austin’s footsteps. “Not after six years.”

Get Your Copy 

 It’s always been you that makes or breaks me, and if I lose you now, I’ll break forever. 
“Growing up with the love of their life’s right next door. Romance blossoming in the front yard, loving your best friend to the max, and to know what having the world at your feet feels like. My best memories are filled with you, Austin. From waking up in the morning, to watching you try and seduce me at family meals. Hell, turning up at my work to get me to play. I want my kids to experience a love like ours – of course, our kids won’t be getting it as young as we did. They’re being kept on a leash until they’re fifty.”


I’ve lived actually quite a boring life- LOL – I’m only twenty-two and did all the things a normal person my age has done. I’ve grown up in a family with two brothers and my mum and always feel like I have to match up to them with my successes in life! After finishing at school, I went to University to become a teacher. That never happened! In my second year I realised I didn’t want to be a teacher, but still wanted to work closely with children. In my final year, I finally wanted to take my writing further, but I had to be realistic and so have worked as a nanny as well as kept a steady job in a shop for nearly three years. Took me until I was like 19 to find out I could actually write, took my until last year to realise I had a talent actually worth pursuing and all because I stumbled across fanfiction! Apparently that website is a godsend! 

Goodreads     |     Facebook     |     Twitter


1 comment:

  1. You've totally convinced me to read this. Your review is hilarious. Love the use of gifs lol. Really wondering what happens after that excerpt. :)

    Sanah @ YA Books of Witchcraft and Wizardry
    http://yabooksofwitchcraftandwizardry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete