14 July 2013

Game On by Wylie Snow - Book Review



Title: Game On
Author: Wylie Snow


Secrets, lies, lust ... whatever it takes to win.

Clara Bean, Europe's most respected restaurant critic, lands on American soil to do a promotional tour with a sports icon. But how will she keep her career-ending secret from her deliciously handsome new partner? She quickly learns that all games have rules, even falling in love.

Luc Bisquet can't seem to score any points with sassy, sexy Clara despite the palatable chemistry between them. But he's willing to endure as many penalties as it takes to crack her icy reserve, because winning is everything.
Game on!

*full-length novel*
**contains content not suitable for those under 18**




Truly, never judge a book by its cover. The girl in a sexy pink jersey and a hockey stick didn’t really catch my attention. I never expected to be hooked – totally hooked! Coming from the night duty, I latched on to my Kindle and finished it right before I fell asleep.

Wylie Snow made a sweet, sexy and funny tale of two people who came from different parts of the world finding love in the most unexpected circumstances.

Meet Clara Bean (of Bean and Biscuit). She is one of Europe’s highly acclaimed restaurant critics. She’s a complete mess – and it’s not just because she lost her beloved dog. She thought she was going to get fired when she reached America, but was surprised to be offered with a promotional tour with a former hockey player and sports icon, the dashing Luc. Will she be able to do her job without him knowing her secrets? Clara, Clara, Clara – I didn’t know what to do with her. She has reasons to be insecure, and to have trust issues. After all, a lot is at stake once her secret is revealed and it’s not only her who’s going to be affected. I wished she asked for help – because I know Luc is willing to help her, whatever it takes. But no, she insisted on doing things herself.

Luc Bisquet was the star of the ice before he was forced into retirement because of an injury. Now working as a sports analyst – no one would think that he too has some secrets. Then Clara came along, one look at her, and sparks flew. He can’t help but ogled that petite brunette. He knew he’s gotta have her. He’s willing to play the game, and make sure he wins – because there is no place he’d rather be with her than his bed – or the elevator? I so love Luc – he’s charming, witty and sweet. Yes, he has some minor weaknesses that some ladies may find unattractive. But it didn’t bother me - because nothing is more attractive than a man with brains and body.

I so love the elevator scene – it reminds me so much of one of my favorite movies…


Although it was hotter, sexier and steamier compared to the movie …

Theirs is a sorta-complicated love story. Everything seems complicated when you lie and do not come clean with your partners. Nobody can deny the chemistry – everything was sizzling since they first laid eyes on each other. But will chemistry be ever be enough? When careers are on the line? When secrets long kept are about to be revealed?

What kept me reading on are mostly the witty banters thrown in by the characters. I always love good conversations and dialogues. You can seldom find a man who’s good in talking about a lot of stuffs (besides himself) and with a wicked, wicked sense of humor. I like Sutter and Lydia and I wished they too would have their HEA (is it possible?) I’m sure like me – you will fall in love with every character in this novel – well, except for that bitch namely Valentina. You’ll understand once you’ll meet her.

Nevertheless, you have to read GAME ON! Testosterone-filled sports, gustatory cravings and sex has never been this irresistible and satisfying. 

Rating: 

Get your copy from AMAZON
“You scare me, too,” he whispered.
“Why ever so?” she asked, breathless and fluttery.
“At how badly I want to kiss you.”
Because the thing is, once you learn something or see something in the wrong context, you can never take it back. You can pretend to forget, you can pretend to ignore but it’ll always be there, in your mind.  
You cannot stand there and look me in the face and tell me it was anything but pure, fucking magic. 


Almost every author says they wanted to write from a very early age. Not me. I wanted to be a detective like Nancy Drew, or a wildlife expert like Jim Fowler or an archaeologist like Indiana Jones. Or have my own island resort and make fantasies come true!
I didn't do too badly with any of those...
I married a detective, worked in a zoo, explored ship wrecks instead of old ruins, and spent 18 glorious years living on a sunny island.
As for those fantasies...
I also write erotic romance as Wylie Kinson.
Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment