13 October 2011

Hush, Hush

Book Details

Reading level: Young Adult
Paperback: 416 pages
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers; Reissue edition (September 21, 2010)
Language: English
Purchased from: National Bookstore

Book Summary

For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along.

With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.

Book Review

After reading Fallen Series and Twilight, my expectations for Hush, Hush were not that high. But after reading it, I guess, I’m into fallen angels after all. The book was one of the best fantasy romance I have ever read. I can summarize it in three S: Scary, Sexy, Sweet. Love it!

Why do I love Hush, Hush?
The Plot. I love the plot of this novel. The constant twist and turns of the story will keep you on your seats turning the pages until you finally unravel who is really the bad guy? The suspense was fantastic. One scene in the car was one of the scariest things I have ever read. It was magnetize since the book is written on the first person.

The Characters. I am  so in love with the mysterious, sexy bad boy named Patch. Edward Cullen is soooo no match for him. Nora, I like her character because she was not that obsessed with Patch, she takes risks in saving the people that she loved. Last but not the least Vee, who provided me with a witty and fun dialogue. She’s the comic relief in this sort-of-heavy-suspense-thriller-fantasy.

BUT…

I was looking for “THE ROMANCE” thing, I didn’t find it till the end of the book (though their innuendoes were pretty cute).



Favorite Quotes


"You smell good, too,” said Patch
It’s called a shower.” I was staring straight ahead. When he didn’t answer, I turned sideways. “Soap. Shampoo. Hot water.”
Naked. I know the drill."

If you find the wrong boy, you ask for trouble, you find the right boy, you find love

"Keep in mind that people change, but the past doesn't."

"The problem with human attraction is not knowing if it will be returned." 

Reviewed by

No comments:

Post a Comment