17 October 2011

Silence


Get this book from Amazon

Book Details
Reading level: Young Adult
Hardcover: 448 pages
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books For Young Readers (October 4, 2011)
Language: English
Purchased from Fully Booked BGC

Book Summary

The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for - and their love - forever.

Book Review

If you love the first two books of the Hush Hush Series, you are going to love this third installment, Silence. This book hits off when Nora, our heroine wakes up from her kidnapping at the end of Crescendo. She had amnesia and could not remember the last five months of her life.

All of my favorite characters are still here, including Marcie, Vee, Patch, Dabria and guess who’s back again? Scott! However, I think Nora didn’t really grow up in this installment, she was still the impulsive girl who gets to do what she wants and then gets caught. She needed someone to save her, I just wish that she can also be ‘heroic’ and can save herself rather than relying on Scott or Patch. In this book, Nora is forced to face certain decisions that weren’t easy about who she is and who she will be.

What I also love in this book is the romance! Romance is in the air once more, the amnesia allows you to fall in love with all over again with Patch. The dialogues were just sweet and a little bit cheesy – actually cute.

Silence is quite different from the first two books because of a refreshing plot that was laid. The story line was better and Becca Fitzpatrick did not disappoint me. Another page-turner added to my series collection. I enjoy the suspense, action, twists and not but not the least, romance.

I don’t know whether I’d be excited when I reached the end to know that there is another installment to this series because I was hoping this would be the last. A cliffhanger ended the story – but it would make you look forward for the last book (in 2012!!). I am crossing my fingers that the final book will be worth the wait. 


Favorite Quotes

"I would lay down everything I possess, even my soul, for you. If that isn't love, it's the best I have."

"This is uncharted territory for me, but I need to know that at the end of the night, I have you to come home to."

"I love you.” His voice was straightforward, affectionate. “You make me remember who I used to be. You make me want to be that man again. Right now, holding you, I feel like we have a shot at beating all odds and making it together. I’m yours, if you’ll have me."

"I couldn't look at you and breath at the same time." 

Reviewed by

No comments:

Post a Comment