01 October 2011

a peek inside a bookmaniac’s brain: my shelves



Just as I am obsessed about books – I also want them to be stored properly. I always wanted a bookshelf of my own – something bought or designed by me. But when I went in one of the biggest department store in the city, I found out that it would have cost about 30 brandnew books. Rather than buying, I asked my father to make me one: for the books I am selling and my very own collection. I have already separated one shelf per genre and the other one per author. I know where the books are placed and I would hate for it to be out of place. In short, no one in the house touches my shelves unless with my permission. No one borrows my books unless they know how to take care of it like the way I do – I know it’s a bit unhealthy but I haven’t ungrown my anal retentiveness. Argh.

Anyway, I’m sharing to you my heaven here on earth: my shelves =)

Series Collection: Lauren Kate's Fallen Series, Stieg Larsson's Millennium Series,
Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson, Heroes of Olympus and Kane Chronicles Series, Pittacus Lore's Lorien Legacies
Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Saga, JK Rowling's Harry Potter Series and Suzanne Collin's Hunger Games Trilogy

My Series Collection: I’m sort of a series girl, it has probably has something to do with my love for collecting things. I have read half of it, some are still in their plastics either I haven't read it or I have read it with my mobipocket reader and just bought the book for the sake of my collection. Most of these are gifts from friends.

Judith Mcnaught Collection
This is actually my sister's collection. We both love Judith Mcnaught - she's one of our favorite romance authors. It's a complete collection except for the anthologies. 


Paulo Coelho Collection
Most of my Paulo Coelho are gifts from friends - which I am thankful for. They really know how to make my day.


As of now, I gave myself a pause in my book collection since my CPU broke down and I have to spend my savings fixing it (because it was my fault). But just in case I resume - I want to have Julia Quinn's Bridgerton Series for my collection as well as Mitch Albom's books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment