10 April 2018

Book Review | Misadventures with a Rookie by Toni Aleo (@tonialeo1)

35565556

Purchase Link: 

***MISADVENTURES ARE STANDALONE ROMANCES THAT CAN BE READ IN ANY ORDER***


Winning has always come naturally for stud ice hockey defenseman Gus “the Bus” Persson. On the ice or off, he’s never had any trouble scoring, racking up goals—and girls. As the best player in his rookie class and the number-one draft pick of the Malibu Suns, he’s taking his game to the next level and is justifiably full of swagger. 



So why does one of the Suns’ ice girls treat him like he’s invisible? 



Bo St. James doesn’t have time for rookie hotshots who think their gloves don’t stink. She knows them, she works with them, she trains them. It doesn’t matter that Gus Persson is the hottest newbie she’s ever seen. She knows his type. She’s got big plans of her own, and she’s not going to let some cocky rich kid athlete keep her from her goals. 



But there’s a chemistry between them they cannot deny. A lust that burns so hot, it threatens to melt the very ice on which they make their livings. The game has changed for both of them. Together, can these two play to win?




REVIEW
Rating: 5/5

And the Queen is back.

I have always loved Toni Aleo and her hockey novels, and this one made no difference.

You’d hate Gus initially. He’s so full of himself and his confidence is just oozing to the point of arrogance. But in fairness to him, he was one of the best defenseman in his team. He scores with every game both in or out of court.

So why is she ignoring him?

Bo St. James doesn’t have time for players, most especially hockey players. No matter how hot Gus Persson is, there was no way she was going after him. She knows his type. She have been burned before. It’s not going to happen again. She was going to finish college, and nothing will distract her, even this hottie.

You’d eventually fall in love with Gus. Indeed, first impression never lasts. No matter how arrogant he is at first, he’d win you over. He’s funny, he has a great relationship with his parents and he’s very thoughtful.

I laughed out loud with their misadventures. They'd do some crazy, out of this world stuffs and ended up in the ER. But they never left each other. They were always there to hold each other's hand even if Bo was unsure. Even if Bo hesitated at first.

This book is not just about toe-curling, steam-filled romance - but Misadventures with a Rookie talks about family dynamics and relationships. It’s amazing how lucky Gus is with his parents. His relationship with them is almost perfect. They’re like friends, but somehow the respect is still there. You’d understand Bo’s circumstances as well. It’s hard at first - because we’d think she made the wrong decision or she could have known better - but no. I think she made the perfect decision of what she did. It was painful, it was dreadful, but it was necessary.

Just like any other Toni Aleo hockey books, I enjoyed reading Misadventures with a Rookie. It’s fun, sweet, sexy with just the right ounce of drama. Perfect for an afternoon read.  


About Toni Aleo

My name is Toni Aleo and I’m a total dork. 
I am a wife, mother of two and a bulldog, and also a hopeless romantic.

I am the biggest Shea Weber fan ever, and can be found during hockey season with my nose pressed against the Bridgestone Arena’s glass, watching my Nashville Predators play!

When my nose isn’t pressed against the glass, I enjoy going to my husband and son’s hockey games, my daughter’s dance competition, hanging with my best friends, taking pictures, scrapbooking, and reading the latest romance novel.
I have a slight Disney and Harry Potter obsession, I love things that sparkle, I love the color pink, I might have been a Disney Princess in a past life… probably Belle.
… and did I mention I love hockey?

Author Links:Twitter  Facebook  Web  Goodreads  Amazon Pinterest  
 photo signature_zps54068e08.png
Follow me on: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram  |  Goodreads  |  Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment