03 May 2016

Book Review | Spinning Out by Lexi Ryan (@writerlexiryan)



29547264

Once, the only thing that mattered to me was football—training, playing, and earning my place on the best team at every level. I had it all, and I threw it away with a semester of drugs, alcohol, and pissing off anyone who tried to stop me. Now I’m suspended from the team, on house arrest, and forced to spend a semester at home to get my shit together. The cherry on my fuckup sundae? Sleeping in the room next to mine is my best friend’s girl, Mia Mendez—the only woman I’ve ever loved and a reminder of everything I regret.

I’m not sure if having Mia so close will be heaven or hell. She’s off-limits—and not just because she’s working for my dad. Her heart belongs to someone else. But since the accident that killed her brother and changed everything, she walks around like a zombie, shutting out her friends and ignoring her dreams. We’re both broken, numb, and stuck in limbo.

Until I break my own rules and touch her.
Until she saves me from my nightmares by climbing into my bed.
Until the only thing I want more than having Mia for myself is to protect her from the truth.

I can’t rewrite the past, but I refuse to leave her heart in the hands of fate. For this girl, I’d climb into the sky and rearrange the stars.

SPINNING OUT is a sexy, emotional novel of 100,000 words. It is first in the Blackhawk Boys, a series of standalone novels.

--- THE BLACKHAWK BOYS. Football. Secrets. Lies. Passion. These boys don’t play fair. Which Blackhawk Boy will steal your heart?

Book 1 - SPINNING OUT - Coming May 3rd (Arrow's story)
Book 2 - RUSHING IN - Coming Summer 2016 (Christopher's story)
Book 3 - GOING UNDER - Coming late 2016 (Sebastian's story)

 photo add-to-goodreads-button3_zps6563a4df.png
Purchase Link: http://amzn.to/1WCMIqI



I.COULDN’T.STOP.READING!

I wanted to know what happened. I wanted to know who’s responsible for everything. I wanted to see if the characters are going to get their happy endings. Somehow, the plot sounds a little familiar, but this book still has the power to pique my interest, my curiosity and a whole lot variety of emotions.

Lexi Ryan writes like you wouldn’t dare put it down – that you’d missed something if you so much blink. The book’s mystery was easily captivating, and it will entrapped you – leaving you no choice but to see how everything will end.

My heart goes out to Mia and Arrow – both of them are victims of a tragedy that changed their lives in more ways than one could imagine. Guilt and grief is a potent combination that had them in a crazy limbo for some time. It’s a good thing that their paths have crossed again, it doesn’t matter that they started out wrong, or there were painful words that was said because of the hurt. In the end, everyone got what they deserve.

I loved and swooned over the romance, panted over those crazy steamy scenes, got teary eyed with the dash of drama in between, and gasped over the surprising twists and turns. But nothing prepared me for THAT revelation. Indeed, in this book, you will meet a couple of parents – totally imperfect and sometimes you’d got to hate what they do to their children, but in the end, you’d realize that parents would move heaven and earth for their kids.

This book is about second chances and forgiveness. What a way to start a new series!

Rating: 4.5 Stars

Purchase Link: http://amzn.to/1WCMIqI

 photo ARC _zpszisq6ios.png

 photo signature_zps54068e08.png

No comments:

Post a Comment