10 May 2016

Book Review | The Debt by Tyler King (@TylerAKing)


27416069





Hadley saved my life . . . and I ruined hers

Hadley's my best friend. We share a house, our friends, a life. She knows all my secrets . . . except one. My desperate need for her is inked on my body, it's the best I can do. But Hadley needs to hear the words . . .

Growing up as foster kids, Hadley made me feel whole-sane. And what did I do? I destroyed our chance to be together. I ran out on Hadley when I should have stayed, and something broke between us. Now I'll do anything to fix it.

I'll never leave her again. I won't ever let her feel afraid again. But the more I try to protect her from my pain, the more I just make things worse. I'm terrified that if I tell her everything, she'll never forgive me. I'm even more terrified that it may be too late to make her mine. I have to try to give her what she needs . . . it's a debt I'm determined to repay.


 photo add-to-goodreads-button3_zps6563a4df.png
Purchase Link: http://amzn.to/24mP6Id



"I can't promise you a happy ending, but I can offer you a happy beginning."

Get your hearts ready – because you are in for an emotional read!

Hadley and Josh had been best friends since they were young and living in the hellish confines of their foster homes. They made it, but not unscathed. They have scars. Scars have marked their souls and kept on haunting them. Their relationship went on, even if they got adopted by different people, they needed each other.

Then one night, everything changed. What should be the start of their happy ending, had caused their relationship to spiral down. Josh ran out, when Hadley needed him most – and it caused a strain in their relationship. Now, they still live in the same house, they still have the same friends, but everything was never the same again.

Will they ever have their happy ending?

I am truly lost for words the moment I finished the book. The characters were totally complex and have been through hell and back. I admire their courage in facing their demons and finally trying to get through life despite everything that they experienced. Yes, they made bad choices, and suffer the consequences of their actions but they are also trying to make up for it.

The people that surround them were truly amazing as well. They are one heck of a support system. One doesn’t need to be related to be called family.

I wanted to add more, but I will be spilling out spoilers if I don’t stop typing!!!


The Debt was a spectacular read. A totally unexpected emotional roller-coaster ride that had my heart ached so badly, I thought I was never going to recover.  Just as when I thought they were in for a happy ending, another thing drops, and I’d once again cross my fingers, hoping for the best. Then finally, it was with great relief that it ended beautifully. Such a heartwarming ending that will sooth the aching of your heart and soul. You should give this one a try!

Rating: 4.5 Stars

Author Links: Website  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Goodreads

 photo ARC _zpszisq6ios.png

 photo signature_zps54068e08.png

No comments:

Post a Comment