19 January 2015

Book Review | The Line Between by Tamsyn Bester


23346285




There’s a fine line between love and hate, so fine that you don’t know you’ve lost balance until it’s too late.

I’m not sure exactly when I lost my balance, all I know is that he was to blame.

Dane Winters.

The boy who’d spent most of his life hating me for reasons I never understood.

** ** ** ** ** **

It was no secret that I hated her, but only I knew why.

She was off-limits.

And then our separate worlds collided with one tragedy.

It wasn’t her fault, I knew that, but I wanted her to hurt the way I did, and I needed someone to blame. She was an easy target.

Kennedy Monroe.

The girl I’d picked on all our lives.

And the woman I barely tolerated.

Until the line between love and hate was no longer visible…

*New Adult Contemporary Romance*

*Due to mature content this book is not suitable for readers younger than 18*

 photo add-to-goodreads-button3_zps6563a4df.png

Purchase Link: http://amzn.to/1uhdjPa



We were a mismatched set of complications, and craptastic pasts, and everything else that made us a colossal disaster in the making.


I love it, I love it, I love it.

Dane Winters had made her life a living hell. All those malicious pranks that was pulled upon her during her teen years. He hated her too much, for some reason that none of them can comprehend. I hated Dane for what he did to Kennedy. Sometimes it was too much, even his best friend Reid would agree. There were times he couldn't just stop himself from being an a**h**le and it was totally frustrating. 

But there was this tinee-tiny sexual tension that was already there the moment they hit puberty, and each time they met, it only continued to grow, and it was a bomb so dangerously close to  explosion. And it was the one I was looking forward to.

Kennedy was not hard to love - she's a sweet, intelligent girl who didn't want any trouble. It took her long enough to finally stand up and go against Dane, but it was such a site to behold. I love this girl - her good, forgiving nature. At some point, when he was just too much, I think he didn't deserve her. Both of them had endured lost, they just dealt with grief differently.

As for Dane, I wished he'd just kissed her and get over it. He had done too much damage. He'd be nice, and then he'd hurt her more. He'll said some things that can break heart, and then regret it. God. He so made me cry. His words were cruel, as it was spoken at the height of his emotions. But there were times when another Dane would appear, the sweet, caring Dane. The one you would fall in love with. The one you wanted to be with. He can be amazing once he put his mind into it.

He hated her since then, made her life miserable - and he was the only one who knew why. One tragedy connected the both of them that had changed their lives profoundly. He didn't know who to blame, so he made her his target. Everything was just the same, until he crossed that thin line between hate and love.

Would the secondary characters have their books as well? Because they're a bunch of support system that have their own sets of issues. Their loyalties are astounding, and I love to hear their stories as well. 

Once I started reading it, I was hooked, I couldn't put it down until I was on the last page. It was filled with so much emotion - of love, of hate and that fine line in between. It was too intense, it consumed me. You're going to love the characters, hate them, root for them. They're going to make and break your hearts. I love how the story went, no boring moments in between, all fresh, raw emotions that will send chills to your spine and tears in your eyes. Yep, I was teary during the late night read and I couldn't wait to recommend this to friends. Talk about another one of those book hang-over.

My first Tamsyn Bester book, and I'm sure this wouldn't be the last. Hey Tamsyn, you got yourself another fan right here!




Tamsyn BesterI'm 21 years old & the ultimate Book Brat :) Coffee & Books are my drugs of choice, neither of which will be kicked to the curb any time soon! I go through a book a day & when I'm not reading I'm working on my debut novel, Beneath Your Beautiful :)I'm a sucker for New Adult Contemporary Romance with a whole lot of sexy thrown in & my number one rule is I won't read a book unless it has a happy ending! I also have the unhealthiest obsession with the South,and I don't mean my home country of South Africa - I mean cowboys, pick up trucks, sexy as sin Southern accents, cowboy boots and barefoot bluejean nights! One day, I will live in Alabama & I will have my own Indie publishing house - my philosophy is if your dreams don't scare you they're not big enough :)

Follow Tamsyn: Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Website  |  Goodreads


 photo signature_zps54068e08.png
*ARC Provided through Netgalley*

No comments:

Post a Comment