04 October 2015

Book Review | Burned Deep by Calista Fox (@calistafoxbooks)


23848335

Dane captivated Ari from the first moment their eyes locked. Every second thereafter proved they were either fated for love...or devastation.

It was a little scary how my body trembled and my breathing wouldn't return to normal. But I couldn't escape the intensity of our desire for each other--and how vibrant and alive he made me feel. Like I'd merely existed before. Gotten by. Now I was acutely aware of my surroundings. Of myself. Of him. Of every sensation blazing inside me...

Ari DeMille has spent her life focusing on the details and planning down to the minute. Haunted by her parents' ugly divorce, Ari believes the only way to prevent emotional scars is to always maintain control. But when the devastatingly handsome-and powerfully dominant-Dane Bax, her new boss, pushes Ari's boundaries, she must learn to shatter the ties that bind her if she is to sate her newfound desires... But giving into insatiable lust comes with a price. Dane's luxury hotel business is threatened by a consortium of dangerous men who threaten everything Ari holds close. And as the stakes are raised, Ari is treacherously close to losing all control of her life...and her heart.

Get lost in the passion of Burned Deep by Calista Fox

 photo add-to-goodreads-button3_zps6563a4df.png

Purchase Link: http://amzn.to/1LdKcSG


My Thoughts: Dane was pretty much amazing, I love his alpha-male but sweet tendencies. He tends to be overprotective most of the time, but I adore the way he took care of his own. Ari, the girl he saved from unwanted advances, was his. He knew this the first time he saw her. There was chemistry and sexual tension between them. How I wish this was a dual-POV. It would have been greater if we get to be inside Dane’s brain. He has mysteries and secrets that surround him that you’d be dying to know.

As for Ari, I like her relationship with her father. But don’t ask me anything about her mom: OMG, what kind of mother does that to her child? Argh. This is the reason why she guards her heart and built walls around it. Sometimes you’d get frustrated with how the things were going between them because of her insecurities.

You get to meet some secondary characters whom you can’t help but love as well and plays a role in their romance.

Just like FSOG, the sex was pretty much off the charts. The steamy scenes were never dull from the start down to the last page. Although, I must admit it tends to be pretty much overwhelming.

Then the ending, I can’t believe how fast it wrapped up. It was almost rushed, and yet there are some things that were left unresolved which made me think there must be a second book sometime in the near future (*fingers-crossed*) because the mystery is killing me alive!

 Recommended For: Loves alpha-male, steamy scenes overload and mysteries.


Rating: 
Characters - 4

Plot - 3.5
Steam - 5 
 Cover - 3.5
Romance - 3.75 
Pacing - 4
Overall: 3.95


Author Links: Website  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Goodreads

 photo ARC _zpszisq6ios.png

 photo signature_zps54068e08.png

No comments:

Post a Comment