11 November 2012

Book Review: Charade (The Game Series)

by Nyrae Dawn

Book Description:
Nineteen-year-old Cheyenne tries to portray the perfect life to mask the memories of her past. Walking in on her boyfriend with another woman her freshman year in college threatens that picture of perfection. 

Twenty-one-year-old Colt never wanted college and never expected to amount to anything, but when his mom's dying wish is for him to get his degree, he has no choice but to pretend it's what he wants too. 

Cheyenne needs a fake boyfriend to get back at her ex and Colt needs cash to take care of his mom, so they strike a deal that helps them both. But what if Cheyenne’s past isn’t what she thought? Soon they’re trading one charade for another—losing themselves in each other to forget about their pain. The more they play their game, the more it becomes the only thing they have that feels real.

Both Cheyenne and Colt know life is never easy, but neither of them expect the tragedy that threatens to end their charade and rip them apart forever

Book Review: 5/5

This a game. Our game. One that I asked for, but with each day it feels more real. 

Wow.

Lot of cussing from here and there.

But still wow. 

Cheyenne never thought Gregory would cheat on her. Gregory who had been safe, who’s family havebeen friends with hers, and the only person she knew inside the campus. Now, she needs to find someone to parade as her boyfriend to get back at him. Enters Colt.

Colt. Colt. Colt. Did I tell you how I hate your mouth? Good thing you are sweet deep down there and such a good son to your mom or else there’s no way I am falling for you. But then let me borrow Chey’s words: The rough boy who hates the world, curses like a sailor, but is gentle with his mom and is here with me. Colt needed the money for his dying mom, so he accepted the Charade that Chey offered. 

What started as a charade could end up being so much more. But with all the secrets and the past haunting the both of them- can a relationship survive? 

I love the novel! Although I didn’t cry like what my friend warned me I would. But my heart ached greatly for this two young people who have been through a lot of things and found comfort in each other’s arms. My heart breaks every time Colt goes to his mom, especially in the near-end of the novel. I was glad someone was with him- because even though he may look tough, he’s still his mother’s little boy. 

I would gladly recommend it to friends who would like to read a short, fast-paced novel that can melt or break hearts.

Nyrae Dawn:

some_text

Favorite Quotes:
  • “Pity isn't the only thing I don't do. Princesses are high on my lists too.” 

Follow me :
Twitter : @nursechucha
or be my friend on GoodReads


No comments:

Post a Comment