01 November 2012

Book Review: Playing For Keeps (A Neighbor from Hell, #1)

by R.L. Mathewson

Book Description:
Done with being the world's biggest pushover, Haley decides that things are going to change starting with the aggravating neighbor who has too much charm and not enough restraint. What she didn't expect was to sucked into his world, but Haley has a game plan and she won't let herself forget just what the bad boy next door is capable of. The last thing Jason expected was for his little shy neighbor to go Rambo on him over some ruined flowers. After he decides to take her under his wing he can't help but that notice that she fits very nicely in his life. Now the only left is to convince her that this is anything but a game.


Book Review: 5/5

Yay.
some_text

This is one of the books that had be swooning and grinning the whole time. You can't help but just finish it up to the last page or else, you'll be missing something.

I like the plot - having two neighbors who started on the wrong foot found friends within each other. Who knew when all those years she hated his guts? All of a sudden: they couldn't live comfortably without each other. The thing I love most about the story line is that: despite being attracted to one another, they stayed friends for a while , until things were sizzling between them and they could no longer deny their feelings for each other.


Haley is an great girl who didn't deserve a family like hers. It was nice to see her character change in the duration of the story - on how she finally stood up and fought her ground. 

JASOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNN! If you ask me what describe him best, I would say:

some_text

I know it's almost (well, it is!) a disorder to be that obsessed with food, and a sin for not gaining weight for it - nevertheless, I find his love for food adorable. He's a 30 year-old growing kid. I'd be living in poverty if I'll end up with him. He can't seem to stop eating. 

some_text

YET. He's a prince charming.

some_text

He's a bad-boy turned good when he finally found someone special. I love his patience - for a guy who have been with several willing ladies: he's patience is really something to commend. Although, like his prediction, he f*cked things up eventually, but at least he tried his best to win her back. :)

The epilogue was just the right thing to end this wonderful story. I'm looking forward in reading more books from this author, and I am excited to read the next novel from this series.


Follow me :
Twitter : @nursechucha
or be my friend on GoodReads



No comments:

Post a Comment