04 November 2011

Forever

Get your copy from Amazon

Book Details

Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Reading level: Ages 14 and up
Hardcover: 400 pages
Publisher: Scholastic Press; 1St Edition edition (July 12, 2011)
Language: English
Purchased Online

Book Summary

The thrilling conclusion to #1 bestselling Shiver trilogy from Maggie Stievater.

In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. In Linger, they fought to be together. Now, in Forever, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.

Book Review

Forever is the thrilling conclusion in the Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy. Like the first two books (Shiver & Linger), it is filled with intense emotion and a heart-racing suspense in the near-end of the book. The story revolves in the few months after Grace shifted into a wolf, Cole trying to kill himself in discovering how the ‘cure’, and Sam constantly waiting and running for Grace. He grabs some unwanted attention because of Grace’s disappearance and a recent murder investigation. Isabel’s father is firm in his conviction of driving the wolves out of Mercy Falls whatever the cost is.

I love the character growth in Forever. The relationship and the friendship that has been formed grew stronger and deeper. Even Cole and Isabel’s relationship begins to move in an easy pace to the right direction. The two of them are my favorite characters in the book. In my opinion, they outshine Grace and Sam. Cole and Isabel’s comic relief is a complement to a more serious tone of the main characters. I look forward for their names in every chapter.

I am ambivalent with the ending of Forever. It was open-ended. There were so many questions I still have in mind, like if Cole found the ‘cure’ that he was looking for. Although there was a little ray of hope in there, but I would really like a happy and concrete ending. Nevertheless, READ THIS BOOK (the whole trilogy)! I assure you that it is way better than Twilight. 


Favorite Quotes

There is no better taste than this: someone else's laughter in your mouth.

Because you have only known me for like fourteen seconds and seven of those were us making out and you still know more about me than all of my friends in this stupid place.

Scent is the strongers tie to memory.

"I'm always sure of what I do," he said. "Sometimes I was just never sure there was supposed to be a happy ending"

Reviewed by

No comments:

Post a Comment