04 October 2011

The OC's Lists of Almost Anything:



10 nice books i would recommend to my friends

Suzanne Collin’s Hunger Games Trilogy
The cover may not look that enticing, but once you get to pass by it – you would be hooked as I am. It is almost morbid, and for those people who love adventure with a little love story on the side, this is for you. It’s like Harry Potter without the magic. Good thing I get to read this when the trilogy was complete. 

Master of the Game – Sidney Sheldon
This is the book I have read which got Sidney Sheldon in my favorite author’s list. I love the way he writes, especially his heroines. I always wonder why it is always women on his novels. But nevertheless, the twists and turns in this particular book would keep you up all night. 

Nights in Rodanthe – Nicholas Sparks
This is a short but heartwarming novel. The characters are old, but you can definitely relate to this one. If you want to clean your eyes and activate your tear ducts – here is the best author for you. I love Nicholas Sparks because his novels are such great stories with unexpected endings. 

Before I Fall – Lauren Oliver
This book is like “If Only” about three to four times. It lets the reader experience the different stage of grief which is DABDA (Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and Acceptance), it is a young adult novel and at my age, you wouldn’t catch me reading one. But the reviews are just great and I couldn’t help but get myself a copy. 

Harry Potter Series – JK Rowling
Who wouldn’t love this scarred young wizard? I really don’t like the movies, yet I end up going to the cinema all the time – all because of the books. It is simply magic! I love Harry, and Snape. The last book was (in my opinion) the best among the seven books. The same opinion goes to the movie as well.

Count of Monte Cristo – Alexander Dumas
This is the only classic on my list because I am seriously not fond of classics – not unless it’s historical romances. I like Alexander Dumas’ novel about love, revenge, betrayal and atonement. 

The Designated Ugly Fat Friend (The DUFF) – Kody Keplinger
Another Young Adult Genre on my list. Keplinger is a very interesting author because she touches the subject of sex in youths in a very nonchalant and honest way. It is an easy read but surely, you will enjoy every pages of it.

The Lost Symbol – Dan Brown
I need a computer with an internet access every time I read Dan Brown. Since I haven’t been anywhere near the United States or Europe, I need to see what this building or structure looks like, and it helps (especially imagining Tom Hanks running around there saving his ass). Robert Langdon is my kind of man because he is so smart that you could just wish you have his brain. 

The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho
Paulo Coelho is such an amazing author, but among all his books, the Alchemist is my favorite. It gives the readers the inspiration to go and follow their dreams.

The Greatest Salesman in the World – Og Mandino
A friend of mine asked me, who is Og Mandino? Aw Geeez! She doesn’t know who the guy is. Well before Coelho, Og Mandino is already here, motivating people. This is my favorite novel among all of his – it’s like reading one of Trump’s or Colayco’s book with a “godly” side to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment