31 December 2012

Book Review: Freeing Carter

by Nyrae Dawn
Review: 4/5

I fell in love with Carter from the first chapter, and continued to until the last page. He was someone that his family could count on. At an age that he should be enjoying girls, booze and friends - he was stuck making sure that his mother and sister were fine. Who would not love him?

But Carter has a secret...
some_text

Secret he's not willing to share even with his best friend.

He tried his best in keeping his sister and his mother safe. But sometimes, even strong people falter and needs help. Carter was in denial and refused help from people who are willing to give a hand. He thought he was man enough to keep things together. I loved him more when he finally admitted that he needed help- although it took one eye opener to make him realize that he can't do it all by himself.

Kira - is a breath of fresh air and the girl who can pull off an orange hair :)
some_text

She too has some personal issues that she should be dealing with, but you never see it in her. I find her cool, and the kind of people that loves living life one day at a time. Carter perfectly described her: She's fun, and wild, and free and happy. Tears don't belong in her eyes. Frowns don't belong on her lips. It's not right. Kira is what Carter really needed. Someone strong, is not capable of much drama (because Carter doesn't need more of it), nonjudgmental and dependable. She knew how to pacify him when he's too stressed out.

some_text

Nyrae Dawn once again:

some_text

You did not just make a great heck of a love story. You mixed in family dynamics that will break your reader's heart for the boy who tries his best to be the man that his family needed.

Favorite Quotes:

  • “Things said in the heat of the moment never count.”
  • “You have skeletons, too, Carter Shaw. Don't think I don't know it. I think...I think people with secrets, or with a past, I guess I should say, I think we're kindred spirits. Like maybe we see something in each other that no one else takes the time to see.”      
Follow me :
Twitter : @nursechucha
or be my friend on GoodReads


No comments:

Post a Comment