26 December 2012

Book Review: Hopeless by Colleen Hoover


Book Description:

Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…

That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.

Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn’t at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever.


Review: 5/5!!!!!!!

5 stars???

Are you freakin' kidding me?

I NEED MORE STARS!!!! A WHOLE GALAXY OF IT!

Because you! Yes you, Colleen Hoover deserves a whole sky of it for writing this sweet, gut-wrenching, tear-jearker, touching, super amazing, 'unputdownable' book.

Now, how do I start telling everyone that among my holiday reads - this one just beat every single wonderful novel I have downloaded on my Kindle?

I stayed up all night finishing it because I don't want to miss anything! Some things just can't wait - and some books would want you to stay up at night in frantic anticipation. Will they or will they not have a happy ending???

Meet Sky - she's one of those rare human species who doesn't exist online. No Facebook, Twitter or Myspace account. She hates surprises and receiving presents. She's adopted by a woman who lives a very healthy life and seems to have a phobia with technology. Homeschooled since she was young, Sky was finally allowed to enroll in a public school for her senior year. Problem is that, her super best friend in the whole world, Six is half way across the globe and she's now alone facing all the people who seemed to have an idea who she is without even knowing her first. Thank God she met a new best friend, Breckin - a gay Mormon who is just as wonderful as Six. One thing I love about her: She's one lucky, and brave girl.

Then there's Holder. Rumor has it that he's just spent a year in juvi for beating a gay. BUT!!!!

Holder... oh Holder.... He's.... *speechless*

Let me borrow Sky's thought - because I could already feel myself swooning.

1. His amazingly perfect white teeth hidden behind that seductively crooked grin. 2) The dimples that form in the crevices between the corner of his lips and cheeks when he smiles 3) I'm pretty sure I'm having a hot flash or I have butterflies or maybe I'm coming down with a stomach virus.

I can already tell he isn't the kind of guy a girl gets a simple crush on. He's the kind of guy you fall hard for, and the thought of that terrifies me.


He's a boyfriend that a girl could want. Oh hell, I want him for myself!!! How could I not, when he's a whole lot of package roll into one? He's the bad boy who turned to a most whipped boyfriend by love. He's sweet, and I'm glad that he found her after a life-long search.

“F#%k all the firsts, Sky. The only thing that matters to me with you are the forevers.”

But there are just some things between them - dreams that Sky could not understand and secrets Holder could not divulge. This could end things between them, and their lives would change forever. But no secrets can be kept for long.

I could no longer continue without spoiling the book. So let me end this review right now by saying:

It's one of the book that I will constantly remember for a very, very long time and I will gladly recommend to ALL my friends without any doubt. And Colleen, just like what your character said in the book - let me just rephrase it.

“I swear I will spend every last breath thanking you for writing this book .” 


Favorite Quotes 

  • “Sky, I'm not kissing you tonight but believe me when I tell you, I've never wanted to kiss a girl more. So stop thinking I'm not attracted to you because you have no idea just how much I am. You can hold my hand, you can run your fingers through my hair, you can straddle me while I feed you spaghetti, but you are not getting kissed tonight. And probably not tomorrow, either. I need this. I need to know for sure that you're feeling every single thing that I'm feeling the moment my lips touch yours. Because I want your first kiss to be the best first kiss in the history of first kisses.”   
  • “The moment my lips touch yours, it will be your first kiss. Because if you've never felt anything when someone's kissed you, then no one's ever really kissed you. Not the way I plan on kissing you.”
  • “The sky is always beautiful.Even when it's dark or rainy or cloudy,it's still beautiful to look at....it'll be there no matter what...and I know it'll always be beautiful.”
  • "You cant get mad at a real ending. Some of them are ugly. Its the fake happily ever afters that should piss you off.” 
  • “I'm not a sucker for happily ever afters, but if these two characters don't get theirs I might climb inside this e-reader and lock them both inside that damn garage forever.” 
  • “My lack of access to the real world has been replaced completely by books, and it can’t be healthy to live in a land of happily ever afters.” 
  • “You don't deserve words, Sky. You deserve actions.” 
  • “F#%k all the firsts, Sky. The only thing that matters to me with you are the forevers.”      
  • “Sky, if you’re wondering if I have commitment issues, the answer is no. Someday in the far, far, far away future…like post-college future…when I propose to you…which I will be doing one day because you aren’t getting rid of me…I won’t be marrying you with the hope that our marriage will work out. When you become mine, it’ll be a forever thing. I’ve told you before that the only thing that matters to me with you are the forevers, and I mean that.”
  • “I can already tell he isn't the kind of guy a girl gets a simple crush on. He's the kind of guy you fall hard for, and the thought of that terrifies me.” 
  • “Lust is the best of all the deadly sins. Six” 
  • “All marriages have a time limit if you enter them for the wrong reasons. Marriage doesn't get easier...it only gets harder. If you marry someone hoping it will improve things, you might as well set your timer the second you say, 'I do.” 
  • “I swear I will spend every last breath thanking you for allowing yourself to love me.” 
  • “Not everyone gets a happily every after. Life is real and sometimes it's ugly and you just have to learn how to cope.” 
  • “The things that knock you down in life are tests, forcing you to make a choice between giving in and remaining on the ground or wiping the dirt off and standing up even taller than you did before you were knocked down. ” 
  • “The events of your life are all crammed together one minute right after the other without any time lapses or blank pages or chapter breaks because no mater what happens life just keeps going and moving forward and words keep flowing and truths keep spewing wether you like it or not and life never lets you pause and just catch your fucking breath.” 
  • “Sarcasm isn't at all funny when it's the truth” 
  • “Somehow in the course of sixty seconds, this guy has managed to swoon me, then terrify the hell out of me.” 
  • “Sometimes you have to choose between a bunch of wrong choices and no right ones. You just have to choose which wrong choices feels the least wrong.” 
  • “When I touch you, I’m touching you because I want to make you happy. When I kiss you, I’m kissing you because you have the most incredible mouth I’ve ever seen and you know I can’t not kiss it. And when I make love to you—I’m doing exactly that. I’m making love to you because I’m in love with you.”              

2 comments: