23 September 2011

At First Sight




Book Details

Mass Market Paperback: 332 pages
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing; 1st US Ed. Sep. 2007 edition (September 1, 2007)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0446401269
ISBN-13: 978-0446401265
Source: Online Shop

Book Summary


Nicholas Sparks brings back two characters from his beloved bestseller, True Believer, in this continuing saga of extraordinary love.

There are few things Jeremy Marsh was sure he'd never do: he'd never leave New York City; never give his heart away again after barely surviving one failed marriage; and most of all, never become a parent. Now, Jeremy is living in the tiny town of Boone Creek, North Carolina, married to Lexie Darnell, the love of his life, and anticipating the birth of their daughter. But just as his life seems to be settling into a blissful pattern, an unsettling and mysterious message re-opens old wounds and sets off a chain of events that will forever change the course of this young couple's marriage.

Book Review


I have always loved Nicholas Sparks, I get to read every book published except this one, At First Sight, although I already brought the copy, it took me a long time before I get to read it. After I finished the whole book, I am torn between liking this novel and hating it. There are a lot of parts in this novel where I wished he never written a sequel of the True Believer. I’d like to think that Jeremy and Lexie would just live happily ever after. I think if you want to read this book, you need to read the prequel first. There are certain information in here that was not thoroughly explained and first time readers would end up wondering, where in the world did it came from.

I was a little frustrated reading this one because I would have never hated the characters if I haven’t read At First Sight. They suddenly become another person from another story if not for their names. Although I love Doris, the grandmother – I think she’s the only one who’s character is realistic and did not irritate me. The over-all plot was so un-Nicholas Sparks. I love the beginning and the ending, but the body – there was just something missing. Some of the plotlines were not developed enough and went into a dead-end.

But what I love about this book is that it mirrored the real problems couple deals with in the relationship, starting from engagement down to after-the-honeymoon-bliss. It’s like reading about how two real people deal with these types of problems. I like the medical part as well where Sparks discussed about Amniotic Band Syndrome, and the moment when the adversities they both face made their love even stronger.



Favorite Quote



But the beauty of marriage is that if you picked the right person and you both love each other, you’ll always figure out a way to get throughout.

Reviewed By



No comments:

Post a Comment