18 February 2019

New Release + Book Review | Tomboy by Avery Flynn (@AveryFlynn)



Download your copy today!
Amazon Worldwide: http://mybook.to/Tomboy
Google Play: http://bit.ly/2REylrq


Add to GoodReads: http://bit.ly/2M4npOl


42376730

How exactly has one good deed landed me in the penalty box?

Ice Knights defenseman Zach Blackburn has come down with the flu, and my BFF—his PR manager—begs me to put my nursing degree to use and get him back to health. Of course she would call in a favor for the most hated man in Harbor City.

But when he’s finally on the mend and I’m sneaking out of his place, everything goes sideways. Paparazzi spot me and pictures, plus accusations that I slept with him, fly faster than a hockey puck.

At first, all of Harbor City wants my blood—or to give me a girlie-girl makeover. But then…the team finally wins a game. And now this fickle town wants me with the big jerk twenty-four seven.

Argh. I never slept with him the first time! But no one will listen. Then the grumpy bastard goes and promises to break his no-fan-appearances rule to help raise money for a free health clinic—but only if I’m rink-side at every game. That’s not a deal I can turn down.

But when the team keeps winning, and I realize there’s more to him than his bad reputation, suddenly remembering to keep my real hands off my fake date gets harder and harder to do.
 



Download your copy today!
Amazon Worldwide: http://mybook.to/Tomboy
Google Play: http://bit.ly/2REylrq

Add to GoodReads: http://bit.ly/2M4npOl


BOOK REVIEW

4.5/5

Zach Blackman is the most hate player among the Ice Knights. It doesn't help that his team is losing every game. He wasn't used into getting help, but when he got the flu, he just couldn't say no to his PR manager when she sent her nurse friend to get him back to health.

Fallon didn't want to nurse the man that Harbor City hates, but she owes her friend, and she just couldn't refuse. So instead of netflix-and-chilling just as she planned on her day off, she was nursing the Ice Knight defense man back into his robust state. Problem is that she was spotted by paparazzi going out from his place and was immediately labelled as one of his puck bunnies.

When the team finally wins a game and tagged Fallon as his Lady Luck, they struck a deal. She comes into his game, and he comes help to raise money to save the free health clinic she was working on. That was a great deal.

The more they spend time together, the more Fallon realizes that there was more to him than a bad-boy. He was something else. Soon, she found that it was difficult to pretend with him and keeping her hands to herself.

Zach has his issues and it pains me to know about it. He keeps it to himself because he's ashamed. He didn't want to whole world to know the skeletons in his closet, but when Fallon came into his life everything just fell into place. I love Fallon, besides the fact that she's a nurse like me, I like it that she's comfortable in her own skin and doesn't wear makeup. She's simple, cool and doesn't take sh**.

I enjoyed reading the story. The pacing was perfect. The characters were simply amazing and I love their journey into finding each other, and finding themselves along the way. Their road was quite bumpy, but they made it to the end. TOMBOY is a fun, romantic, sexy and a sprinkle of drama.


About Avery



USA Today bestselling romance author Avery Flynn has three slightly-wild children, loves a hockey-addicted husband and is desperately hoping someone invents the coffee IV drip.

She fell in love with romance while reading Johanna Lindsey’s Mallory books. It wasn’t long before Avery had read through all the romance offerings at her local library. Needing a romance fix, she turned to Harlequin’s four books a month home delivery service to ease the withdrawal symptoms. That worked for a short time, but it wasn’t long before the local book stores’ staffs knew her by name.
Avery was a reader before she was a writer and hopes to always be both. She loves to write about smartass alpha heroes who are as good with a quip as they are with their *ahem* other God-given talents. Her heroines are feisty, fierce and fantastic. Brainy and brave, these ladies know how to stand on their own two feet and knock the bad guys off theirs.
Connect with Avery


Instagram: @AveryFlynn



Follow me on: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram  |  Goodreads  |  Pinterest  |  BookBub

No comments:

Post a Comment