16 March 2016

Book Review | Growing and Kissing by Helena Newbury (@HelenaAuthor)

29450799




When my sister is diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia, there’s only one way to raise the half a million dollars I need to save her: use my skills with plants to grow marijuana. But I’m a botany geek, not a drug lord. I need help. I need the scariest guy on the block: Sean O’Harra, the muscled, sledge hammer-wielding badass even the dealers fear. He says that he destroys everything he touches...so why can’t I stop thinking about his big hands all over my body? As the summer heat rises, I’ll have to juggle my normal life and my new life as a criminal while cops, dealers and gangs threaten us on all sides...but the hardest thing of all might be keeping Sean and me apart. I’m a good girl...but I think he’s about to turn me really, really bad.

 photo add-to-goodreads-button3_zps6563a4df.png
Purchase Links:
Amazon Kindle ($0.99) - http://amzn.to/1M7yITm
Amazon Paperback - http://amzn.to/1XuXoGa

What are you willing to do for someone you love?


Are you willing to do anything you haven’t done before? Are you willing to get out of your comfort zone? Are you willing to break the law?

Will the end justify the means?

Louise is always the good girl. The one who is responsible, intelligent and nice. Never in the world did she imagine to cross the law until desperation hits her. Her younger sister Kayley, the only family she has, the one she is responsible for since her parents left them, was diagnosed with a rare form of Leukemia. She needs half a million dollars for her to get the best possible treatment there is. But how can she possibly raise that kind of amount?


She uses her skills and knowledge as a botany student to grow marijuana. But she was no bad girl. She didn’t know how to dispose it. So she needed help – where else to turn but on the scariest guy in the neighborhood, the Irish: Sean O’Harra. He was the destroyer, the one whom even dealers fear. He says he destroys everything he touches, but despite the danger, Louise can’t help the attraction she was feeling.


It didn’t take long for him to agree to her crazy suggestion. He just couldn’t say no to her. Where else will she find help? But he knew he needed to stay away, how strong can he possibly be? The more they spend time with each other, the closer they get, and soon they were crossing the line, acting on their attraction.

But what happens when all this would come to end? When they will finally dispose of their product? Will Louise stay with him? Will Sean change for her?

As for Sean – he was great as well. He might be danger personified and someone you would be careful of, but he has a big heart as well. He was always there for her, but at the same time, he tries to stay away because he didn’t think he was worth it. Nevertheless, I was glad that he helped her, that he was able to take the risk, and he was willing to change because he had fallen in love.

I was torn with Louise, but beggars can’t be choosers, can they? She was desperate, that I understand. It was hard for her to do something she was very scared and uncomfortable doing, but for the sake of her sister – she was willing to take the risk. And it takes one heck of a woman and a whole lot of courage to do it. I think the whole time my heart was almost in my throat for her. I was crossing my fingers they wouldn’t get caught, and they’d finally do what they’re supposed to do and get their happy ending.


I enjoyed the thrill of the ride, the nagging question whether or not they will get caught, the beating of the deadline, and not to mention the oozing steam and the prolong foreplay. This one is an interesting read that would make you question choices, and decisions – of what you are willing to do for the people you love.

Rating: 4.5 Stars

Author Links: Website  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Goodreads  |  Pinterest
 photo ARC _zpszisq6ios.png
 photo signature_zps54068e08.png

No comments:

Post a Comment