04 April 2015

Book Review | The Contradiction of Solitude by A. Meredith Walters


23155057






You may notice me, but you will never know me.
I prefer it that way.
I am the daughter of a monster.
Born from blood and lies.
Dead before I have truly lived.
But Elian tells me that I'm different.
He tells me that I'm beautiful.
That I'm an enigma wrapped in irresistibly complicated skin.
Elian says that he loves me.
These words terrify me.
I can't trust love.
Or hope.
Or truth.
Because I fear the beast inside.
It threatens to drown Elian and his sweet, unconditional love.
It's a beast that will destroy everything.

*This is a psychological thriller and very different than my previous books*

 photo add-to-goodreads-button3_zps6563a4df.png





I thought I was ready to read this, with all those warnings coming from different sides. But I was wrong – I was still in for a big jaw-dropping, gut-wrenching, unbelievable surprise of a lifetime. It was lyrical, mindboggling, intense and powerful as it was dark.

It was indeed different from the rest of her work. The thrill, the mystery was a little disturbing. It’s something that will haunt you for a while wondering why it was happening and why things like that happened.

Both Layna and Elian had something from their past that they keep. They put up nice façade to hide the darkness that consumes their soul. It was creeping slowly, uncontrollably until they had no choice but to embrace it. It was something that I was dreading to happen. But I knew it was inevitable.

I have never read a novel I was too conflicted about. At first, I had no idea how to rate it. This was way different from what I was used to reading. This is no romance. This is no love story. There is obsession, strong emotions, and powerful twists. The mystery had me glued to the pages, the words were compelling enough to haunt you. This is a book you would not easily forget.




Purchase Links:
❈ Amazon Kindle ➙ http://amzn.to/1EQKmOa
❈ Amazon Paperback ➙ http://amzn.to/1GRWEoQ


 photo signature_zps54068e08.png

No comments:

Post a Comment