22 April 2015

Book Review | BAIT by M. Mabie


21856789




He was trouble from the start, but I couldn't resist.
She was the best kind of trouble. The kind that was so wrong, it felt right.

I’ve tried and failed to stay away from him.
I’ve done everything in my power to make her mine and keep her.

He’s almost impossible to say no to.
She never tells me yes.

We’re always fighting.
When we’re not fighting, we’re… well… making up.

He makes me laugh so hard.
I miss her laugh the most.

I'm a liar.
She knows the truth, but won’t admit it.

Sometimes, I wish I'd never met him.
I wish we could meet all over again. I'd do better.

His girlfriend knows.
The guy she’s with is a fool.

I’ll never love anyone like I love him.
She doesn’t love me enough to choose us.

It was the wrong place.
It was the wrong time.

It should have been him.
It will always be her.

This book contains adult situations and is recommended for adult readers.

 photo add-to-goodreads-button3_zps6563a4df.png

Purchase Links:
❈ Amazon Kindle ➙ http://amzn.to/1ErCqDg
❈ Amazon Paperback ➙ http://amzn.to/1yOPrEC



They were trouble waiting to happen, I knew it, everyone that surrounds them knew it. I think they were the only one who were clueless of the situation. Both of them were too busy living inside their bubbles to care about anything else in the world.

We have this old adage in our country: masarap ang bawal, which translates to: forbidden acts are more satisfying (or the like). You’d be hooked, until such time truth will slap you right in the face and you’d be caught red handed.

I’m uncomfortable with the plot, and even though I love both Casey and Blake, I need to black out that thought that Blake was committed to a clueless man. Someone who was boring, but was good to her. I guess it would have been okay if Grant was cheating or if he was an a**, but no.

She made some decisions that I hated, perhaps out of pressure, out of uncertainty, she wanted something that Casey could not give her. She did some things, made some decisions that was hard for me to swallow, and even she regretted it almost immediately.

WHAT THE F*** ARE YOU DOING? – sums up my sentiment for this book. Putting that one itty-bitty fact aside – these two are clearly meant for each other. They were happy, and they are certainly at their best when they are together. Now, if only one of them were brave enough to stand up and fight for it.


The events had me look forward for the second book, crossing my fingers, hoping this time both of them would be wiser, would be braver and would fight for their feelings, because, what they have may be forbidden, but it was certainly the most honest, unadulterated emotion in the world, and despite the initial uncomfortability they brought to my *coughs* delicate senses, I wished them the best.



M. Mabie

Connect with M. Mabie: Website  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Goodreads

 photo signature_zps54068e08.png

No comments:

Post a Comment