01 November 2018

New Release | The Rival by Megan Green (@MeganGreen616)







Title: The Rival
Series: Washington Rampage #3
Author: Megan Green
Genre: Standalone Sports Romance
Release Date: November 1, 2018



Blurb

I love her. But she loves him.

I’d known Avery Grant was the one for me since the moment she bossed me around on the playground. After over a decade of friendship, I’m still biding my time, waiting for the moment she realizes everything she’s ever wanted is standing right in front of her.

Then one white envelope sends my world spiraling.
A wedding invitation, announcing Avery’s engagement to the one man who could never deserve her: Miles Johnson.

Miles is the worst kind of human — and my biggest rival. Everything I can do, he thinks he can do better, including being the best rookie pitcher the MLB has seen in decades. But if he makes her happy, who am I to interfere?

But when Avery shows up on my doorstep, devastated and heartbroken from Miles’s betrayal, I can’t help but open my doors for her.

The timing is all wrong, but I won’t miss my shot.
This time, I refuse to strike out.







BOOK REVIEW

4.5/5

They had been friends since they were younger, and played 'wedding games' ever since. But this time Avery is really getting married, and Carter, unfortunately was not the groom. What's more heartbreaking is the fact that Carter's rival Miles is Avery's groom and there's no way Carter would stop it. His best friend is happy - and he'd let her go if that what makes her happy even if it kills him.

Carter is the ultimate-boyfriend material. He was full of surprises and he's someone you'd deemed as the 'catch'. He has only been in love with one woman, and is about to let her go for her happiness *swoon*. But when his best friend came running to him after the incident that broke her engagement, that was another story. He was just so sure he was going to have his chance, and he isn't going to turn away from it. 

Avery is in love with love. She's in love with the idea of weddings that when others are playing house, she was playing wedding. She thought she was going to have the wedding of her dreams, with the man of her dreams, but she was oh so wrong. When everything went south, she needed space and time to think. There was nowhere she'd go but to her best friend's.

But things has been off and a little different. There was something in the air between the two of them. Carter was ready, but was afraid to cross the line. Avery wasn't so sure, but she knew what she feels. Will they cross the line between friends and lovers? What happens then? 

I enjoyed reading this book. Avery was a total dreamer, but she has her charms. She might not have the best decisions at times, but I was just glad she took the risk with Carter. And Carter - omg. He was a delight. I just couldn't believe he'd wait, and he'd give that to Avery. It was such a huge jaw-dropping surprise in there. Nevertheless, I love how the story progressed. It wasn't rushed, it didn't feel like a rebound. It's just friends, finally discovering that they both love each other way more than friends. 

If you love sports romance, and friends-to-lovers romance this one is for you!

Purchase Links

$2.99 for a limited time




Free in Kindle Unlimited






Also Available



99c for a limited time

AMAZON US / UK / CAAU

Free in Kindle Unlimited





AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU


Free in Kindle Unlimited







Author Bio

Megan lives in Northern Utah with her handsome hubby, Adam. When not writing, chances are you’ll find her curled up with her Kindle. Besides reading and writing, she loves movies, animals, chocolate, and coffee. Lots and lots of coffee. She loves hearing from readers, so drop her a line!




Follow me on: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram  |  Goodreads  |  Pinterest  |  BookBub

No comments:

Post a Comment