04 October 2016

ARC Review | The Universe of Us by Lang Leav (@langleav)

29431081

Lang Leav presents a completely new collection of poetry with a celestial theme in The Universe of Us.

Planets, stars, and constellations feature prominently in this beautiful, original poetry collection from Lang Leav.  Inspired by the wonders of the universe, the best-selling poetess writes about love and loss, hope and hurt, being lost and found.  Lang's poetry encompasses the breadth of emotions we all experience and evokes universal feelings with her skillfully crafted words.

 photo add-to-goodreads-button3_zps6563a4df.png
Amazon Link: http://amzn.to/2aRAAhY


I’m not really a reader of poetry, it was a friend who introduced me to Lang Leav, allowing me to borrow her copy of Love & Misadventures, and since then, I became a fan.

Then this happen. I can’t believe I get to read The Universe of Us first before my trip to Manila. I was planning to buy a copy, meanwhile, I will be salivating first over words that are posted on integral and the rest of the social media.

Lang Leave was killing me! My heart can barely handle it. The book is filled with powerful words, each poem a story of their own. It’s like falling in love, swooning and breaking my heart over and over again.

It’s totally relatable, most of us have our heart broken some time ago, and it was like “Yeah, it was totally like this back then!” or “This is what I felt!” It was like experiencing the same pain while reading those words, and yet a complete relief when the poem is over, and it will start all again once you go to the next page. But I COULDN’T STOP READING IT. So here I was, reading The Universe of Us, totally hurting, and still couldn’t resist to turn from one page to another.

Lang Leave is a master-story teller in a few, well-chosen set of words. These were just a few short words, I wonder what damage can she do to me once she have it in a full-length novel (LOL). The Universe of Us simply blown me away. It is a must-read, must-buy kind of book you’d want on your top shelf.

Here’s one poem I particularly love:



It’s like:




Connect with the Author: Website  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Goodreads  |  Instagram

Follow me on: Twitter | Facebook | tsu | Instagram  |  Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment