05 January 2012

Book Review: Across the Hall

Book Details

Author: NM Facile
Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 869 KB
Publisher: ireadiwrite Publishing; 1 edition (October 19, 2010)

Book Summary

Sylvia O’Mara has spent the last four years trying to get over her high school sweetheart, who after breaking off their relationship left town without any reasons. With the help of her friends she has moved on and started dating a mysterious bad boy. She isn't happy, but she's content; until she meets the new neighbor.

Quinn Lobato has recently moved to Minneapolis to finish college close to his parents. His mother found the perfect apartment for him close to campus and assured him it has everything he needs. Quinn has had his own hurtful past and is looking forward to starting med school and a new life.

Little do they know that what they each need is waiting just across the hall.

Book Review

Rating: 4/5


Across the Hall is basically about second chance on love. I am a sucker in reading about old couples who drift apart and once again found themselves back in each other’s arms. NM Facile made an amazing story of love and friendship in Across the Hall. The main characters Sylvia and Quinn were once high school sweethearts who broke up after graduation and things for them were never the same again.

Until four years later, they once again saw each other and found out that they just live Across the Hall. Sparks were once again flying all over the place. I love the two characters Quinn and Sylvia, including their set of friends. I think Sylvia is very lucky to have such great people surrounding and taking care of her. They were such great supporting characters that made this whole book more interesting. Beau, on the other hand, gave me the creep, the more he get into the story, the more movie-like-character he becomes.

Set in the first person, Quinn and Sylvia’s thoughts interchanged within the whole book. I wanted to give this one a 5 if not for the backtracking – I wish the story could just moved on flawlessly and not coming back, telling us one more time from the perspective of the other character.

Over all, I like Across the Hall – the Epilogue was amazing and shows a whole lot of love between two people who was given another chance and grabbed it whole heartedly. 

Favorite Quotes

“Oh my God. You’re Quinn Lobato.” Then her eyes flew back to Sylvia, “I swear Sylvia, I didn’t know.”

“You broke up with me so I would go here? You broke up with me so I would take this scholarship?” She asked me incredulously. Her voice began to rise. “You left me over college tuition? Seriously? You left me broken and crying over money?”

“This isn’t over, Sylvia. I’ll leave you now, but I’m watching. I will not let that bastard hurt you.” I said this just as I reached the door. As she shut the door I heard a strangled whisper, “No, you’re perfectly capable of doing that on your own.”
“A man is a penis-wrinkle when calling him a dickhead would be a compliment.”

“Whip ‘em out boys. We’ll measure them right here and now.”

“Bad things open your eyes to the good things you weren’t paying attention to before.”

You can never replace someone you love like that. Eventually the memories won’t be so hard on you. With time, the memories will make you smile and you will be grateful for having them.

Learn to answer ‘yes dear’ and mean it. Always listen to her. What she says is important, and you never know when your life may depend on it. Make sure you kiss her good morning every day and good night every night. Then you will never wonder whose bed she’s in. never go to bed mad at each other. You do and it guarantees you won’t be getting any that night.

ChuCha

No comments:

Post a Comment