18 January 2016

Book Review | The Baller by Vi Keeland (@ViKeeland)



Purchase Links:
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/20ai1JW


the baller cover


The first time I met Brody Easton was in the men’s locker room.
It was my first interview as a professional sportscaster.
The famed quarterback decided to bare all.
And by all, I don’t mean he told me any of his secrets.
No. The arrogant ass decided to drop his towel, just as I asked the first question. On camera.
The Super Bowl MVP quickly adopted a new hobby—screwing with me.
When I pushed back, he shifted from wanting to screw with me, to wanting to screw me.
But I don’t date players.
And it’s not because I’m one of the few women working in the world of professional football.
I’d date an athlete.
It’s the other kind of player I don’t date.
You know the type. Good looking, strong, cocky, always looking to get laid.

Brody Easton was the ultimate player.
Every woman wanted to be the one to change him.
But the truth was, all he needed was a girl worth changing for.
Turned out, I was that girl.
Simple right?
Let’s face it. It never is.
There’s a story between once upon a time and happily ever after…
And this one is ours.



Brody is smart, funny and the best in the field. He’s a player too – but there’s some secret in his past he’d like to keep private. He has his way with words that can make you cringe, laugh and turn on at the same time. He has a big and compassionate heart, and that side of him would make you fall even harder.

Delilah is going to prove herself that she can be good in her work. But her first interview caught her off guard when the mighty Brody Easton gave her a glimpse of him after dropping the tower. It was an epic first meeting, and I’m glad she easily recovered. Our girl is fierce, but the heartbreak she suffered from the past made her careful and emotionally unavailable for anyone. That is until Brody came along. She did try not to fall for his charms. She tried hard enough, but her control was no match for him. He can easily break down her barriers.

Their banters kept me hooked, and thoroughly amused, had me reading till the wee hours of the morning, and let us not talk about the oozing sexual tension between the two characters. It was a very long foreplay, and both were really stubborn – but when it finally happened it was definitely worth the wait.

I love Brody’s honesty, his ability to chase after what he wants without inhibitions and his ability to fight hard for it. He knew when he would stand back and wait. He’s a perfect gentleman even though it brings him trouble at times.

I love everything Vi Keeland writes – and I mean everything. But this one (The Baller), tops my list. I had so much fun and laughed a whole lot but at the same time there was an ample amount of drama to bring tears to my eyes and crush my heart a little bit. I love the twists and turns and all those surprises that caught me off guard. This is something that you should not miss!

Rating: 5 Stars


vi keeland bio.png
Vi Keeland is a native New Yorker with three children that occupy most of her free time, which she complains about often, but wouldn't change for the world. She is a bookworm and has been known to read her kindle at stop lights, while styling her hair, cleaning, walking, during sporting events, and frequently while pretending to work.  She is a boring attorney by day, and an exciting smut author by night!


 photo ARC _zpszisq6ios.png

 photo signature_zps54068e08.png

No comments:

Post a Comment